As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Thursday, January 18, 2018

Adjusting

Last year we were in Canada when Andromeda was born, since Garry was recovering from his ankle operation. Her birthday party was held early, just for me on Saturday before I left for Ukraine. One last time to have all the kids and grandkids and some others together. Today is her actual birthday.


Garry is finally feeling better. He spent the day out of the house, enjoying the mud- the snow all melted overnight with the wind and rising temperature. Since he was at court yesterday, he had class this morning (Victor was gone to Kiev) and took the students on a field trip to Dnepro to look at tractors with Max and Nellie.

I spent the morning sleeping, I think the trip back and lack of sleeping for a couple days was catching up with me, even though I have slept pretty well since arriving. I got dizzy after making breakfast and  went back to bed and slept until Garry got home at one o'clock. His class took a little longer than planned because a tire blew out on the highway while they were driving back to the village.


As you can see in the photo I took on Tuesday, both sides of the highway are open again, but only half of the road going to Dnepro and also halfway to Zaporozhye was repaved, so we are still driving a holey road halfway there, with some tire damaging holes. Garry had a flat that he re-inflated yesterday and it was the same tire, so it must have had a problem.

There is a new sign in what used to be the village of Novy Swit on the highway, it looks like its now Kamyanee?

No comments:

Post a Comment