As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Saturday, December 22, 2012

Almost Christmas, and what have we done?

Back- Garry, Noah, Luke, Micah, Jonah, middle_Josh & Krissy, Teresa, Jessica,
 Seth Kari- holding Keziah, Matt, front Havilah and Xaris
We have been here in Manitoba for almost a month now. What have we been doing? As you can see, we took a family photo. Garry has talked to lots of people about his trade school. collected posters and videos to use in the new year for teaching, helped the boys out on the farm, played a little basketball...

We drove all the way to Big River SK last week Monday,  Garry talked at the church there about what we are doing, stayed overnight at our friend Clay (from Summer English Institute) and Maggie's and drove all the way back Wednesday. It is difficult to coordinate church visits in Decemer with all the holiday stuff going on.



Last night we started birthday week with a Dr Who themed party for our daughter- we drove to Winnipeg with the food and met there at her boyfriend's apartment, then She drove home to Morden with Jonah, for today's last day of school, while I went and watched Garry and the boys  play basketball in the mens league at the U of W at 9:45. It was a close game but they lost to the undefeated team in the division. We got home at 12:20 am and that was driving fast. The farmers hate late night games! Saturday is Garry's birthday and then Christmas followed by mine.


I have been doing a little babysitting, and shopping, and enjoying the family; like tonight, I am at our son's house babysitting, finally have the girls bathed and in bed...

Today I babysat the girls while Kari went to work, Matt napped after coming home from work (very late basketball game last night in Winnipeg when you drive more than an hour home and work the morning shift) and now I am watching all the girls while they go to a work party for Kari.
Girls finally asleep after baths, teeth brushing,  looking at facebook photos, 10 books read, 4 songs sang, and have finally found my crochet hook last seen two hours ago when Havi was "sewing" she had me try to teach her how today (she's 4) - had cleaned up all the playdoh bits, dropped stickers and dressup clothes when I looked in the fridge, removed an ornament we made earlier today, and found my crochet hook hanging on the tree when I when to put the ornament on it... I love my grandkids!

By the way, Victor says there are four new heifer calves this month, and Garry is looking at plane tickets, the new semester will begin on the 14th of January at the trade school.

1 comment: