As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Thursday, May 17, 2018

He's there!

Garry made it safely to Dnepro about 11:30 pm Wednesday his time (late afternoon here in Manitoba). He told me that he was going to check out the cornfields by headlights on his way home with Victor, but I have not talked to him again. I assume he is very busy and has not had time to post any photos. They are supposed to be putting the little plastic irrigation lines in the corn fields, and I don't know how much was completed when he arrived.

His flight left Toronto an hour late, but they made it up and landed on time. His flight to Kiev left Munich on time but landed late and his suitcase was the last one off, however he took a taxi to the train station and made his train (the timing was a little tight to make the fast train this time).

Here in Manitoba the boys have about 500 acres left to plant in corn, they are getting the ground ready yet for planting closer to the barns. They are already missing their extra tractor driver (Garry).  I have started getting a few things done around the house, and finally washed the last of the borrowed tablecloths from the wedding and returned them yesterday.
Image may contain: one or more people, people sitting and baby
Garry's dad meeting baby Carson
 Garry's dad flew back to Ontario yesterday, I think he really enjoyed staying at our son's house for the week and getting to play with his great grandsons. Two of them live there, Isaac will be three this summer and wants to go outside all the time and great grandpa was willing to go with him. Eli is nine months and enjoyed sitting on his lap. It was disappointing that my dad was unable to fly up with my sister and niece for the wedding as planned after he needed a blood transfusion last week.

I am looking forward to attending our three oldest granddaughters' school concert and piano recital this afternoon.  Sunday evening I will be at Emmanuel EFree in Steinbach for the report night for the team that came this spring. It starts at 6:30 if you'd like to come.

Just as I finished this post he put up photos of making hay!



No comments:

Post a Comment