As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Friday, August 3, 2018

Not a computer geek

Geek was one of the slang words I taught last month at SEI. It's been "one of those days" (that's an idiom, not slang). I am supposed to be the computer savvy one of us (when the boys went home to Manitoba we lost our tech support) and yesterday after updating this blog and a couple others I am in charge of, I tried to send our supposedly monthly prayer partner newsletter in a new format.

 I am ashamed to say it has been at least two months since I have sent one out. Sometimes I send it at the beginning of the month, but often it's whoa, this month's almost over and I haven't written one... so it comes near the end.

Normally I just write an email once a month, bcc it (that means it hides the addresses) and send it off, but I was trying to add all the things that are supposed to be written on it (legally as EFCCM mission associates), so I decided to make the newsletter an attachment, like other missionary updates we get. I wrote it in Publisher, but still kept it simple. Outlook wanted to attach it as a cloud thing, so I went with it and sent it off around 11 pm our time.

I noticed that I had gotten a couple undeliverable messages right back, so I went into my groups to delete them. One person had passed away and the other might have changed email providers without notifying me, I try to change them as soon as I get them.

This morning I got up before six- Garry was going out to rake hay- and found a couple of emails from people who could not open the file when I checked, so I decided to go back to a plain e-mail and copy and paste the important stuff at the bottom, I even got the logo to work this time. I had fooled around trying to get it into the original newsletter for an hour before giving up last night. I did get it inserted on this blog yesterday, it is so you know who we are associated with.
.
I sent it off in my new (old) format and then noticed the same two messages about undelivered emails were back again. I went back into my groups and deleted them again, and clicked on save this time! If you would like to be part of our prayer partner group, and find out how to pray for us each month, drop us an email, and I'll try to add you to the lists.

 Of course if you are a regular reader of the blog, you might know what we are needing prayer for better than we do!

No comments:

Post a Comment