As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Friday, February 8, 2019

I don't know

Ya nizniyou... I say that a lot since I returned to Ukraine. I don't know. Often because I just didn't understand the question, sometimes because the question is where is Garry and I really don't know.

 I have been working on trying to improve my Russian with Duolingo, one of the ways the Crawfords are learning Russian. I can do it on my phone, it even sends daily reminders to do it by email. Some days I still don't get it done, however, I've learned a few new words, and now Garry has started using it also (he's already ahead of me). It combines translating from English to Russian, or Russian to English, with speaking (repeat the phrase, that's not quite right, three tries and the message changes to OK, we'll try that later) Sometimes I get it right or some of the words right, different words right on each try, even things I thought I could say the computer says no, that's not quite right!

Yesterday for cooking class I got Kolya to write the ingredients in Russian on the board so the other students could copy the recipe. This morning Nellie came back after a month away,  so next Thursday I will have a translator. We made vereniki (pierogies)four types, some filled with cottage cheese, two different types, salty and sweet ones, plus potato and cabbage vereniki. The kitchen was crowed, but every one helped make and eat vereniki.
Image may contain: 1 person, smiling
Image may contain: one or more people, people sitting, people eating, food and indoorImage may contain: 1 person, eating, sitting and foodImage may contain: one or more people and people sitting

No comments:

Post a Comment