As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Ten years

Ten years this week we moved to Ukraine, with two boys and eight suitcases. Victor picked us up in Kiev in the big blue van, I remember I couldn't stay awake as we drove toward our new home in the village for hours. Jonah and I talked about how it would be great if we could just read the billboards. Ten years later and I can usually figure out what they are about anyway.

Garry and the boys got started on the renovation of the house while I taught at Summer English Institute in Dnepro a week later. This year Garry and I are both teaching English (Garry started 6 or 7 years ago) and Seth and Jonah have been back in Canada for years.

I featured a new post from the past that talks about our first year in Ukraine, you can click on it toward the top right side of this page.
Image may contain: one or more people, people standing and outdoorImage may contain: drink and coffee cup
It's also our wedding anniversary so Garry and I have been in Zaporosia for two days and nights, eating out and working on our lessons for teaching English. In a couple hours we are back in the village to see how wheat harvest, straw baling and corn field watering it going (the hay field was irrigated over the weekend). Last night we had our anniversary dinner, Garry picked spicy pizza and I choose the pickled herring, potato and onion dish to share, we each ate more of the dish we picked!
Image may contain: foodImage may contain: food
 Garry has been working on adding fertilizer with the water on the corn fields. That and straw will be taking up his time this afternoon, along with a group on a Mennonite tour, while I deal with the cukes and beans that need picking and pickling when we get back to the house after two days away.

No comments:

Post a Comment