As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Saturday, August 31, 2019

What's going on

Garry tells me that fourth cut hay is done,  they got about the same amount as third cut, and it's mostly up in the mow. They started it earlier this week after covering the corn silage pile. 

 I heard that yesterday he had to round up some of the guys to unload a wagon of hay, because the farmer knocking on the door wanted his wagon back, Max had borrowed several, because there were six to unload, and that one wasn't empty yet.

The sunflowers are all combined,  they are looking for a buyer now. Everytime I see Garry on video chat, I tell him he should get a haircut before coming to Canada.  He keeps saying he's going to the city that day and will get one, but it never happened. Today he finally got one.

The reason he went to Zaporosia?  Oksana went into labor and he drove her in to the hospital.  Baby Mazhara arrived August 31st around noontime.  No other details,  and poor Kolya could not get in to see her and the baby when Garry drove him and his brother in after afternoon milking.  They said visitors (including the
 father) had to have a chest xray to go in. The first day they said you could get the xray was Monday and they say they can come home Tuesday! Garry doesn't know the weight,  but he thinks his name will be Mafew or Matthew in English. 

He'll share his birthday with Sasha Boderenko,  who was 22 today. Garry baked a chocolate cake in the evening,  and I video hunted some clothes in my stash with him for a present.  No photo of any of these exciting things,  but I'm sure baby photos will come next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment