As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Coming home

Garry is on a plane flying from Kiev or Kyiv (the new preferred official English spelling ) to Toronto.  Unfortunately its Wednesday morning and I  won't be heading out to pick him up in Winnipeg until Thursday morning,  because he accidentally booked his ticket that way.

He's already had a long trip, Monday evening when I talked with him he was packing and there was at least a half dozen students at the house saying goodbye to him and hello to me via computer.  Then very early Tuesday morning he was off to Dnepro with Max to get the morning train. He had gotten a second class ticket like I did,  and really noticed the smaller legroom.  We had decided to buy the much cheaper train tickets this trip, they were less than half the price of first class. Then he spent the afternoon and night in a hotel room in Kyiv, before taking a ride to the airport for his flight. He's flying Ukrainian airlines,  because it was cheaper and one less connection,  but he was not impressed on his way there in January.  No seatback entertainment system,  no plug to charge his phone,  and the flight was ten hours long. We packed him two different phones, and a couple power banks to recharge them so he can play bubble pop. He also upgraded to an exit row seat,  so I hope it's going better this time. In January he was astonished when a man in the row ahead of him lit up a cigarette,  in spite of the rules.

Anyway he'll be here for a couple weeks,  his dad is driving out next week,  so they'll be going fishing,  he plans to help the boys make silage,  visit with people,  and he'll be here in St Labre Sunday for his first (the farm's tenth) Open Farm Day (the guys will have free hotdogs and icecream this year, along with farm tours). Plus he hopes to go to Wisconsin for World Dairy Expo and help Matt and family move to Saskatchewan on October 4th before flying back to his Ukrainian home.

What am I doing, besides getting ready for Garry to arrive? Busy with my second overnight grandma job this week,  hanging out in St Labre this time. On the weekend I was in Morden.  Little girls are fun to hang out with. I also ordered new glasses, so I'll have them before going back to Ukraine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment