As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Monday, December 16, 2019

Week...update

Sorry for not getting this posted earlier, but google wouldn't let me sign in on my tablet on Friday when I was in Morden. There was a reason I knew the password, I mean it's my account!

Garry's computer, which I'm on now, got a new hard-drive this weekend when he asked Noah to check it out, so I was unable to make a post! We seem to be busy everyday with family or church activities. Garry has been helping the boys with farm work, doing a little visiting, and going to choir practice, since he will be singing in the choir on Christmas eve.

On Wednesday while he was at choir practice I went with Crystal and Audrey to the ladies Christmas meeting in Piney ( our son Matt's former church). I'd been asked to do a ten minute devotional. I'm not sure I made it ten minutes, but my topic was Joy, and how we can get so busy we don't find the joy in Christmas. I talked about the angels' message of Good news of great joy to all.

The idea was to remember that secret to feeling Christmas joy is:
 J- Jesus - putting  Jesus first, not just the baby but the one to walk with everyday
O- Others - putting others ahead of ourselves. I talked about reading football star Gayle Sayers' autobiography   I am Third when I was a teenager.
Y- You - don't forget about taking care of you in the busy time, we all need to refresh ourselves to be able to give. I did hand out little reminder ornaments that I made for the dozen ladies there.

Saturday night was the farm Christmas party and on Sunday afternoon our veterinarian took us to the Jets game because they we playing the team of my youth, the Philadelphia Flyers.  Unfortunately for me, the Flyers lost, but I wasn't the only one there wearing an orange jersey. We had a nice family weekend besides.

In other news, back in Ukraine the transformer is fixed (or new?) Victor paid to get us hooked back up to the grid last week,  but they said the earliest they could come is Wednesday.  He was going to go to their office in Zaporosia today to see if he could hurry that up. Saturday marked three full weeks running the barn on generator.  After the first week, Max changed over from the old Belarus tractor to the New Holland so it would work better.


No comments:

Post a Comment