As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Thursday, August 19, 2021

Me too

 


You may have noticed I forgot to add the photo of the hayfield in the last post. I also didn't talk much about what I've been doing to stay busy. Almost every morning Bear and I go for a half hour walk. He tends to trot along, so I can keep a brisk pace, except for when he slams to a stop to check out a smell and decides to try eating or peeing on something in the grass. Most of the time we are undisturbed, occasionally saying hello or good morning in Russian or Ukrainian in reply to other people on the street. It's quiet and cooler early, so I try to go around seven; well quiet, except for small dogs who come out on the street (the braver ones nipping at Bear's heels) and bigger barking dogs on chains in yards, unless those dogs break free. One morning we carefully backed up and went on a different route!


On Friday and Monday I missed my walk because I had to leave early to drive into Dnepro to Victor's house. Friday morning we went downtown to pick up my Ukrainian resident card, which didn't take too long, and then to second office to register it and/or our address, I'm never sure. That one took more than an hour to get done. By the time I picked up some groceries and drove home it was nearly time for us to drive back for the SEI event.


Saturday Garry said something about needing to buy more liquid nitrogen after breeding a cow. Monday morning I discovered he wanted me to go get it, so I drove into the city again. Victor drove from his place to the place on the other side of the river, taking the old bridge across. I was so nice I even brought Garry a KFC spicy chicken sandwich, which he ate when I got back around eleven am,  since he has been working so much he's been skipping meals. I found him working on his concrete forms for the last walls, the doors of the new Quonset will face the pond. 




A couple times in the last weeks I've been babysitting because both of Danil and or Angelina"s parents were working. That means I don't get much done otherwise. Angelina is adorable at 16 months, Danil will be three tomorrow and is in constant motion, so you can't take your eyes off them.  The otherwise things I could get done, like packing up and moving things next door, or freezing tomatoes and peppers from the garden, are slowly getting done.


Yesterday morning we found out that our new people might be arriving very soon, so I paintrd the bedroom wall next door. You might remember the plumbing problems, and holes in the wall to fix a leak. A new piece of drywall went in last year, but no one wasin a hurry to tape and mud it until we were needing to move back. We rescued a bucket of half used paint with some green tint. Half way through painting I realised it was sanded, so it's a fancy textured wall! Anyway we should be able to move there for Friday night. We finally bought a mattress and frame on Saturday.





No comments:

Post a Comment