As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Saturday, February 18, 2023

New Jersey

 


My father lost his 12 year battle with multiple myeloma cancer Wednesday evening, I had been here with him for about two weeks, helping out my siblings as he wanted to stay at home on the farm with his dog Jackie beside him and Little Kitty sleeping on his bed. It will be nine years in July since my mother passed away. and my sisters and brothers spent a lot of time helping him when he was sick, as he has had several bouts with pneumonia that had him recovering from hospital stays over the years.

In high school I decided I wanted to be a dairy farmer like my dad, because I enjoyed working with cows and showing cows at the fair for 4-H. That's how the big dairy farm in Manitoba came to be, because I met Garry showing cows at the Burlington County Fair and gave up my dream of being a solo female farmer.


Garry and a couple of the kids are flying in tomorrow for the funeral on Monday. My dad lived on the family farm for 85 years and rarely went very far from it, except to visit family.  

No comments:

Post a Comment