As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Wednesday, October 13, 2010

New Camera






I have just managed to log in, once again on the Ukrainian blogger page- for some reason it assumes that people on computers in Ukraine speak Ukrainian (strange since lots of them speak Russian) after I log in I get to English!
Today was another sunny day, more garden cleanup happened today, because there is a haze of smoke rising from the village in one of the photos I took while the guys were feeding cows.
These photos were all (except one)taken with my new camera I bought this afternoon while the boys were at a braces appointment in Dnepro. When we got back Yana (in photo)explained to Garry that there are 5 cows that they want to dry off, they believe that they are causing the off-flavor milk that one of the buyers complained was unsuitable for sour cream. Zera the heifer is now giving 15 liters a day. Unfortunately, she has mastitis today and we had to get some antibiotic treatment for her so we won't be able to sell her milk for a while (maybe a week) either. Good thing Garry's three fresh heifers are supposed to arrive Thursday.
The holstein heifer Garry bought has ben yelling her head off all afternoon - she's in heat - and Garry has had Victor trying to get the number for the AI place so she can get bred. Turns out they need to have a meeting with them before they will come out here. So Garry tried a meeting with the neighbor's bull, but they didn't hit it off. So it will be another three weeks before she can get pregnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment