As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Friday, February 18, 2011

new internet and...Mint


Today they finally came to install the different internet- not sure if it will be any faster than Kievstar- we've been expectingthem all week. A lady and an older guy came out, and mostly talked to Maxim- she knew a little English and Garry was off to Dnepro with Victor looking at milking machines and milktanks and trying to do a deal with the Delaval dealer there (the one we found while at the farm show in Kiev.) Hopefully he will come home with good news about the milking equipment.
So she did install it on all three computers, we discovered that it would work on Seth's computer without the antenna in his room but this computer needs to have the antenna hooked up (sadly my computer is having problems hooking up- no dial tone- Noah did we forget to reinstall the modem or something?-- maybe you can fly over for a service call- Noah is our computer-fixing son.) All while Polo played with the cat (they wrestle in slow motion) then Polo wrestled with "mint" the milker ladies' puppy- his name is slang for policeman because he turns everything upside down. He followed Maxim back in after the antenna went out the window in an attempt to get it to work.








Strangely the "temporary fix" that I called Garry and Victor about is still in place- the window is open a crack in the living room, I had to hide the screen they removed from the window from the cat, you can see that there is a bag of minerals holding the window shut so the cord can get out to the pole the guy and Maxim put the antenna up on! I was worried when Maxim paid them and they left with it like that. I made the boys some hot dogs for lunch after they left.
Apparently someone- not them- needs to drill a hole through the wall for the final hookup- of course in my mind temporary is 10 minutes not until someone gets around to it! Since it is 4:30 and the temperature outside is -10 C- I think I may throw it out the window and close it tonight. After I upload the blog- we'll see if the photos load better- I am not optimistic that we'll be doing any live video chats on this service- seems only slightly faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment