As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Saturday, September 1, 2012

Some days... wishing we were there

Seth getting on the school bus last May during his last year


Today is one of the days I wish I was home in Manitoba. School starts next week and our "baby" Jonah will be starting his last year of high school in Morden, where he is living with his big sister Jessica. I know that it is right thing for him to do so he is ready for university, but I miss him and all the kids, and grandkids, Xaris will be going to first grade this year, and Havilah is excited about preschool...I have wished I was home many times, as we miss many of the big and little things in our family's lives, being so far away.




It has been a tough last month, the last two years I have flown home in August to see all the kids and bring Seth back with me, two years ago, and last year when instead of bringing the boys back, spending my final week there getting them signed up and ready for high school. This year I said I wouldn't since we were in Manitoba for 10 days at the end of June for Josh and Krissy's wedding, I could wait until we fly back on November 23rd, Jonah's birthday. However, I have been seen checking the prices of flights in September and October, so you never know...

On September 16 it is Open Farm Day in Manitoba and the boys are participating if you'd like to come see the farm, if you can't you can check out this video they filmed with Josh and Matt in (Josh says he forgot they were coming to do it, which explains all the ahs)    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HRd0XdAqfY&list=UUgb2F5zpXTDcmPLAm_DEGA&index=8&feature=plcp

... there really will be free coffee and donuts.


  info-

Moonshadow Holsteins
Location: St. Labre (Woodridge)

Contact Info: Josh Verhoog 204-429-3248
 and
Matt Verhoog / 204-423-2383 /

Hours: 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Type: Dairy
Special Activity:
• guided tours all day – you can
visit calf barns, milking parlour, sandbedded barn
• milking demo between 1:30 p.m. and
5:00 p.m. for those interested
• tours are available in both English and
French
Directions: From PR 210, turn East onto
St. Labre Road, for 18 km
(11 miles - gravel road) to no. 23097,
park near the barn on immediate left
GPS: N 49 20.928 W 96 02.142
5

No comments:

Post a Comment