As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Monday, June 19, 2017

Here and there

Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, people sitting, baby and outdoor
Me with the youngest two granddaughters, 5 and 10 months old
While I have been hanging out with the kids and grandkids, doing the Winnipeg  ALS walk in memory of my mother (5 km with a broken toe- I ran into a coffee table two days before), going to Havilah's ninth birthday party and watching the boys play church softball, Garry has been busy in Ukraine.

Image may contain: 1 person, outdoorSunday he was helping with testing for the Summer English Institute, he is still buying that used 9 passenger van (I saw an email with a red one, but I haven't heard if that is the one yet) and picking and freezing the peas while I am gone.

Apparently now that first cut hay is done, they are working on building the hay straw shed. The rafters were built when the building team was here in April, but he had been too busy with planting, spraying and school to get the poles up for the shelter. It looks like the students are nailing boards together to make the posts in these photos, and painting the bottoms that go in the ground.

 This year there will be no straw pyramid over at the new barn, the bales won't get rained (if it does rain) or snowed on, and will be better quality. We actually feed a good deal of straw in some of the rations, so its good to not get spoiled by moisture.
Image may contain: one or more people and people sitting

No comments:

Post a Comment