As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Friday, August 11, 2017

here and there... again

Image may contain: night and indoor
Dnepro train station
Yes I am in Manitoba again. In one week Garry will join me here, but he's busy dealing with broken things whenever I talk to him.

 I said goodbye to him August first when he  took me to the train station so I could get the train to Kiev to get my flight (its way cheaper to fly home from Kiev unless you book way ahead). On the way to the train station he dropped off the part for the chopper that they needed to start chopping corn.


This week he wanted to start chopping corn for silage on Monday. It has been hot (40C, over 100F) and dry so they needed to get started so the corn plants wouldn't be too dry before getting to the last fields. He tried to pick up the part Friday but it wasn't ready yet. In fact on Wednesday afternoon in Ukraine he was still anxiously waiting for Victor to call and say that it was ready.



The week I left they were busy baling straw under the hot summer sun. They finally finished and they made 18,000 small square bales of straw this year. They still had the third cut hay to bale, I believe that may have happened this week but we did not talk about it.


I talked to Garry briefly on Thursday evening his time and he was trying to fix the milking system. The pulsators had stopped working and they couldn't milk the cows. He was trying to rig up the old ones from the other barn, so we didn't talk long, and I have no idea if it worked.


 I do know that they were finally chopping corn, so at least something was going right. Garry says that even though the corn plants are only six feet tall there are nice cobs so it should make decent silage if it is finished on time. 
Image may contain: 2 people, people standing, child and outdoor
Meanwhile I've been busy hanging out with our kids and Maxim Borodin, who liked the Ukrainian chocolates I brought him, although he shared many of them with people who work on the farm. I also got to celebrate Isaac's second birthday, hold his baby brother, go to Abigail's first Birthday party last weekend and go to Matthew's church.
 I crocheted a hungry Caterpillar for Abby to go with the party theme. Lots of family fun.No automatic alt text available.Image may contain: one or more people and indoor
Image may contain: 3 people, tree, outdoor and nature
if you look closely the two little babies are here



No comments:

Post a Comment