As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Monday, June 25, 2018

Yes I am here in Ukraine!

I arrived Monday afternoon in Kiev, after a few flights with some bumpy portions.  Garry picked me up at the airport along with 3 other people who were flying in for the EFCCM Europe Area Missionary conference- none of which we had met before. We found the young ladies who were the volunteer child minders for the conference, and finally we spotted a guy carrying a guitar and he looked when we said "Steve!"
Image may contain: 4 people, including Garry Verhoog, people smiling, people sitting and beard
We had a great time there with good treats, eats and conversations with friends, some of which we have not seen since the last conference in Hungary two years ago. Garry took some of the Canadians into Kiev for a bit of a tour one afternoon during free time and bought a policeman's hat at the market. He's talked about getting one for years, they changed the design of the traffic cop hat two years ago, which is why they had one for sale, I think.



Image may contain: one or more people, people standing and outdoorFriday morning we met up with Garry's brother John, who was in the city with his step-kids and he came back to the village with us for a few days (they went to visit their Ukrainian dad). We had a flat tire along the way... there are still a number of holes in some parts of the roads between here and Kiev, it was a rather bumpy ride at times.

 The students were quite excited to see me- I received many hugs and Garry got right on getting the second cut hay baled Friday and Saturday. I'll try to get some crop photos up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment