As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Working hard on "vacation"

Image may contain: 15 people, including Karen Verhoog, John Verhoog and Maria Silverstein-Verhoog, people smiling, people standing and outdoor
week one crew
Image may contain: 2 people, people standing, sky and outdoorAs you read in my last post Garry is spending two weeks helping his family build a group home in memory of his mother in Mississippi. He has been working so hard his shoulder that is so sore he can't sleep he tells me. On Saturday our two oldest sons  joined him there.
Image may contain: one or more people, people standing and indoor

I have gotten some photos of him last week, he is hoping they will finish the project on Friday. Sunday we both head back toward Kiev (or Kyiv, which is the new English spelling) where we meet up Monday afternoon to take the train to Dnepro.

Image may contain: indoorI have been hanging out with my dad, watching baseball and tiling his shower/bathtub, which took longer than the two or three days I'd planned but I am putting it back together today. No automatic alt text available.

I was here for his 81st birthday, which was our son Micah's 33rd birthday and this was the first time they have ever spent their birthdays together since Micah was born on my father's birthday while we were living in New York State. Micah and Crystal and Andromeda were here for a few days at the beginning of my visit.

Image may contain: 5 people, including Teresa Emley Verhoog and Micah Verhoog, people smiling, people sitting and outdoor


Just discovered Garry accidentally made his flight leaving on Monday instead of arriving so I'll be taking the train by myself on Monday. Opps, never noticed or I'd have stayed another day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment