As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Saturday, January 5, 2019

He's back

We had a good but busy time between Christmas and New Year's day with lots of family time and a few visits with supporters- we got more books for our follow up class in Dnepro and another handmade quilt for Garry to take back. Here are a couple pics from my birthday party.

 


Garry left for Ukraine Wednesday morning.  He managed to squeeze a few extra items in his suitcase before leaving the farm and even a basketball practice with the boys before we left for the city.  We met Roy and Carol Enns at a restaurant in Winnipeg because our schedules had not gotten together earlier while Garry was home.

We got to our hotel room around nine PM and went to sleep because we had to be up at four am so I could drive him a couple blocks to the airport.  Of course the last few days he was here was really frigid with a cold snap, so it was freezing cold out. I went back to the room and Garry went off to Toronto.

He had a long 13 hour layover in Toronto so he went downtown to the Eaton centre for a while. He sent me a photo of his lunch.

I got up and drove across Winnipeg to pick up our granddaughter's prescription and then out to Morden to hang out for a couple days with our daughter and family.


Garry had decided to book the Ukrainian Air flight from Toronto direct to Kiev but when I talked to him yesterday he said my refusing to choose it was good.  The new planes he'd heard that they bought are for the New York flights not Toronto so he had a small seat and no entertainment system... and no phone charger... for that nine hour flight.

He did make his train and got safely back to the village. My flight is going to be right into Dnepro in about three weeks so I can tie up some loose ends, and get Garry's special 
shoes that should be in next week, and a few things for the Crawfords.
Valentina sent me this photo. She also sent one of Happy the dog on the couch. I see I'll have work to teach her to not go on the couch when I return.
Sunday I'll take Maksym Boradin to Prov after church, his new old car is not available to drive yet. Later in the afternoon I'll be watching the Eagles playoff game at our son's birthday party while Garry will be up after midnight in Ukraine to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment