As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Friday, January 25, 2019

I'm back

After a bit of confusion,  I'm logged in and making a blog post. Garry somehow logged in and changed the password last week, so when I tried to make a blog post in the middle of the night I was locked out.

I returned to Ukraine Wednesday afternoon (its confusing what day it is now, between traveling and the time change because you lose half a day when flying in this direction. 

The boys dropped me at the airport at ten PM Monday after their basketball game.  I could have gotten a hotel room but I was reluctant to spend the money since I needed to be there to check in by six am, so I stayed awake until my flight at eight, and napped on the flight to Toronto. 
Where I was for six hours until my flight to Vienna.  I got off the plane and decided to hang out where I was so I could eat at the A&W there before heading to the international terminal.  I had just gotten Garry online for a chat after puzzling over messages from an unknown number saying they'd seen me in Winnipeg airport,  when Carol walked up to me.
She'd spotted me coming off the plane when she and Roy were waiting for a plane to Toronto at a nearby gate. We chatted until they boarded.  Unfortunately their African mission trip was cut short because her brother had passed away.
I headed to the international terminal E after eating my mama burger. When I first got there around three pm, it was pretty empty but the chairs gradually filled with people speaking many languages.  I got called to the desk to check my status for traveling to Ukraine.  She had some problems registering my shiny new residence card, since she had to input all the numbers. The Air Canada agent had done it in Winnipeg but I was flying Austrian air the rest of the way. Eventually all was solved, and eventually I boarded the plane around six pm and was on my way. I managed to stay awake until after the meal was served, and got some sleep until the breakfast muffins came out an hour and a half before landing. 
All went smoothly in Vienna and I arrived in Dnepro about a half hour late. Garry was waiting for me.  Snow in both places delayed the flight with deicing and a bit of turbulence in the air.

We spent the night in Dnepro before heading out to the village after lunch, where we had the weekly staff meeting and the two of us where invited to dinner at the Crawfords and chatted for hours.
It seems like I'm teaching cooking class in a couple minutes so I'll write more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment