As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Birthday wishes and double projects

Sunday we were off to Dnepro for church with Nelly, who went to Central Baptist,  Leila, Inna, Dima and Julia.  We dropped them downtown after church while we went to Lena's English school to talk about luck, St Patrick's day and Joesph from the Bible.




Then we picked the four students at the spot we left them right on time. We found Nelly crossing the street and returned home, where I had a great internet chat with our daughter and granddaughter.

Monday morning Garry was up early, he was hoping to get a lot done. He wanted to get as much of the walls up at Yana's as possible so they can start drywall Wednesday morning.

Julia wanted a party to celebrate her 24th  birthday so she was excused from working at Yana's house or the farm so she could help me prepare the food for a special lunch (no soup today). Julia prepared oliveah salad with Nelly, and helped me make pizza for everyone.  I frosted the cake in my room so I could surprise her, she had asked for a non- chocolate cake with a 24 on.



After lunch I walked over to the worksite to get some photos at Yana's.








As you can see hole digging is continuing.

Garry was going to the barn so I hopped in the van and got some photos of worksite #2.



 Max, his brother Artom and his wife's cousin were getting the heifer barn site ready to pour cement Tuesday afternoon.  It was going to wait a while after they decided to  renovate Yana's house,  but it looks like we'll have more help on the weekend so its getting underway again.




 Garry will be using the wooden forms for the cement walls sooner rather than later.  They made them a couple weeks ago, and cut pieces to make trusses. He's hoping to get head gates for the feed alley welded this week.



Tonight Garry and I drove into Epi-center and bought supplies,  including a small set of kitchen cabinets to assemble and electrical wire for Jeremy to use Wednesday morning and a half dozen rolletkas. (Measuring tapes)

Well, it's midnight and after putting the cat that just climbed on my lap while I was typing out, I am off to bed. You would think the outside cat that must have snuck in sometime tonight would be smart enough to hide. I was wondering why Box was bugging me until I looked down!

No comments:

Post a Comment