As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Thursday, June 13, 2019

Success


No photo description available.I have been unable to log into blogger on my tablet, which I have been using to post with since arriving in Canada and even back in Ukraine. However, I did find a way to get on, so you don't have to wait until I return to Ukraine in one week to see the photo of the cute twin heifer calves born this morning in Ukraine!. 


It's been a busy week, both for Garry in Ukraine, and for me here in Canada. I think I could stay busy here for months, when I'm here, I try to get the house organized... for everyone who asks where we stay when we are in Canada, we stay in our house! Our youngest boys, Seth and Jonah are unmarried and live in the house all year. Max Boradin, our Ukrainian "son" is here for the summer, and vacations, when he's not at university, We sleep in our own room, in our own bed, when we are here. Most of our stuff is still here, although the guys put their own touches on things, they are 20 something guys so it tends to be a little messy. There was a flood in the basement while I was gone, so it gave me a chance to sort some stuff.

I also spend a good amount of time with the grandkids, sometimes without their parents, as they spend some date time with grandma here. This past weekend that meant I was in Morden with almost three year old Abby, when her parents were going to spend the night in Winnipeg. Abby is on medication for her seizures and managed to get into her pills (in a child proof bottle in the top of the cupboard) without me seeing. When I went to give her her pill I found the bottle open, and drove her to the ER. We finally figured out that she might have taken a triple dose of her meds, after finally getting her parents on the phone, and she got an ambulance ride to Winnipeg. All was fine, but it made for an exciting weekend. Abby and I ended up sleeping in their hotel room, when she was released from the children's hospital at 11 pm. They now have a locking box for her new pills. Garry says they may not let me babysit anymore, but I think its still on, I did drive her to the hospital.

The guys here are doing first cut alfalfa, so I made dinner last night for the guys driving trucks and tractors in the field. Back in Ukraine Garry is baling second cut. Yesterday he was loading on the wagon for a couple hours because one of the guys (Nikolai) had to stop. Garry was looking pretty tired when I talked to him via the internet this morning. He said it was overcast, so he was hoping for a nicer day to bale. They had to quit early yesterday because they ran out of baler twine. It was 35 C (mid nineties for Americans) and windy, so it was a miserable day to stack bales.

On Monday he drove the students to the sea for the day, as a reward for all the hard work they have been doing, they finally got all the water lines in for the corn fields so irrigation has begun in the big field too. Garry tells me that as they start to water each section of the field, that he is walking the field looking for leaks in the connections. So where there is a leak its really muddy, so he's walking through corn up to his shoulders and barefoot in the slippery mud putting parts back together. Last year not enough water pressure was a problem in the big field, but this year the water pressure has been high from the main lines, so they have more leaks.

Anyway, Monday he took sunscreen with him, but most of the students refused too use it. The girls wore t shirts most of the day, but their legs are burnt and some of the guys, including Nikolai, have peeling sunburn now on their backs and arms, making stacking bales difficult. Garry did cover the baby with sunscreen, twice, and tried to keep him in the shade in the stroller, so he's fine. His mother, Alona, was sure he'd be allergic to the sunscreen, but he put it on anyway.

Image may contain: 1 person, standing, ocean, sky and outdoor

Well one more week to get things done, I am at the ALS walk in Winnipeg Saturday morning, and Sunday afternoon, there is a birthday party for one of our granddaughters. Not sure if I'll be in church in Piney, where the party will be, or in Steinbach, I've been there once this trip. Then I'll be flying out on Thursday, after I get my tooth fixed on Wednesday, and get about a hundred other things done.

No comments:

Post a Comment