As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Sunday, February 2, 2020

Back in the village

Everything went well on my trip back to Ukraine. Flights were pretty smooth,  I even had an empty seat next to me on my first two flights.

As you can see, it really is both green and muddy here in the village.  We stayed in Dnepro overnight Thursday and when we got home Friday morning the girls were out and the door was locked. Garry went and found Valentina,  who was at the classroom in Vova's class. Some of the senior students who aren't working find classes interesting and attend more than they need to.

I have unpacked my two free checked bags (thanks westjet and Ukrainian airlines) and everything made it here safely. Garry wore his new coat to his Friday evening English class.  His lost coat was not found by the airport.




Both Victor and Shannon returned from Canada on different planes to different cities, Victor came on the train from Kyiv to Dnepro late Friday night.  His daughter Dasha picked him up, she just got her driver's license.

Victor and Lena have been visiting their sons  and grandkids in BC.  Scott is really happy that Shannon is back from visiting with their daughters,  he even bought her roses, in spite of having to try to communicate with the seller in Russian. So classes and other routines will be returning to normal next week.

I have slept some, although I probably will be awake to watch the Super Bowl live,  which will be in the middle of Sunday night here (kickoff is around 2 am, I think.)


Our wheat field as you turn into the village is very green as you can see in the photo.  Garry is pleased with it. He says the fertilizer they put on the sunflower fields (the field where wheat was planted in the fall) is being used by the wheat.

No comments:

Post a Comment