As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Before I leave...


Well, my bags are almost packed for Ukraine, I had to redo some packing after talking to Garry last night. I won't  be bringing any snow, although there's plenty here, and Garry tells me the students are wishing they had some there. I fly out of Winnipeg at 6 pm tonight.  As usual, I've been busy packing, putting things away (the boys tend to rearrange the furniture after I leave) and saying goodbye to the kids and grandkids for the last couple days. Monday night I went into Winnipeg and watched the boys play men's league basketball.  They won, too.

Meanwhile in Ukraine,  it's been raining,  so the work on the building site is in a holding pattern.  Here's a couple photos Scott sent on Monday before the rain started yesterday.  Sounds like its going to rain for at least a week. The septic system is bricked up and the hole for the cistern is about a meter and a half deep now.



Talked to Garry this morning (late afternoon his time) and the small milk truck came today ( I think he said it can take 1700 liters) so it didn't get all the milk from the milk tank. Since the cows are giving so much milk now, only 5 milkings (there are 6 in two days) fit in the tank. Since they needed to get the tank empty to refill it, Garry was making cheese in his new giant pot he bought for the cheese house on the kitchen stove, and was hunting for citric acid in the cupboards.  

He tells me that the cooler for the cheese room was installed this week, there's just a few more things to get, like a gas stove we can run on propane,  and he'll finally be making cheese out there.

Garry has been keeping busy in the kitchen, last Sunday he made cinnamon rolls with cream cheese frosting (he made the cream cheese too) and this week he posted a photo on Facebook of cherry chocolate cake he made (two years ago he froze so many cherries with the girls we'll never eat them all).

 I made bagels Sunday morning for breakfast for some of the family, so as not to be outdone in baking! However, we had lox and store bought cream cheese on them!


No comments:

Post a Comment