As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Monday, January 20, 2020

Weekend

Scott sent me another couple photos,  and you can see that the house is really disappearing!


Garry has been doing some English classes already, including visiting Lena's English school on Saturday.  I think his Bible story was about Jericho,  we were talking about it Saturday morning his time (Friday night my time) before he went over to the barn.

We had a pile of snow Friday and Saturday.  I ended up watching Carson for parts of those days, because his mom came down with the flu Saturday and dad was busy making feed for the cows. By 4 o'clock, I had a giant drift to drive through to get back in the garage. Seth's car is usually in the garage but this week the boys are away on vacation in Texas.

I said I wouldn't drive to church unless the snowplow came, but when I couldn't back out of the garage in the morning I shoveled the sidewalk to the front door and stayed home.

Andromeda's third birthday party was postponed because of the storm from Saturday to Sunday afternoon,  but it was  just St Labre kids and parents there, except for her grandma.  The kids had fun playing in the gym. I had bought a parachute to play with, and it was a hit. Andromeda was very excited about the cake and the candles. She sang along and then blew out the candles when we got to her name in the birthday song.
Garry is happy that I have booked my flight back to Ukraine for the 29th (arrives there on the 30th). I have decided to postpone my trip to visit my dad in NJ because I don't want to bring a flu with me. It's as cheap to fly there from Dnepro as it is from Winnipeg anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment