As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Thursday, August 13, 2020

From my phone

 

Well, I managed to login to blogger, now we'll see if I can post from my phone. I traveled light without my laptop, and so I will see how good the new phone friendly interface is!

Traveling went smoothly, although wearing a facemask for twenty four hours does get a little old, it was worth it to get to Manitoba. The kids had parked my car at the airport and I managed to pick up the keys and drive home arriving about one am at my temporary home.

I'm at the farm hexaplex in the family unit. The kids stocked it with food, books, yarn and the internet is working. Some of the kids have stopped by to chat through the window and leave stuff by the door for me. One more week of self isolation and I will be able to go to the house and hug them. 

Garry has been busy, they have almost finished putting the steel on the roof of the shed. Unfortunately they were one sheet short for the roof. Fortunately, they hadn't gotten the order in for the roof on the straw barn, so they just ordered an extra sheet. 


Yesterday they started rolling up the big hoses that water the big corn field. Max has been busy fixing up the chopper because they plan to start making corn silage Friday.

When Garry got home from driving me to Kyiv last week Friday, he discovered that the irrigation system was down again. They have had several "blowouts" this summer on the main line and it takes several days to fix so they did not get as much water as he'd liked on the cornfields, but enough that he's looking forward to seeing how much it will take to fill a wagon up. 

While driving to Kyiv we saw some very sad cornfields that weren't irrigated. It was a hot dry summer as usual. 

No comments:

Post a Comment