As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Sunday, November 22, 2020

Weird week- updated



 It was a strange week for us. On Monday Garry was helping the students put up Yana's fence. It's been more than a year and a half since Yana's house remodel, and they finally got the piles of dirt from digging the cistern and septic holes moved over the weekend. They cut down some trees and removed the old fence to prepare for putting the new picket fence some of the students have been building. Garry told me that they made almost exactly the right amount, there was only about a foot and a half of fencing left and they had just paced it out to measure. Here's the after photos I took Saturday. Or rather they will be here when I find Garry's phone, my battery had died. Found it on the dresser. 





Saturday, what happened the rest of the week?

Garry had a cold. Tuesday he planned to get the students going on cleaning up brush around the barn and putting plastic on the windows since it seems winter is arriving soon. Temperatures have been around or slightly below freezing, even during the day. Monday was the last day I am hanging out laundry until spring, it froze instead of drying, I discovered when I went out to get it. 

So Tuesday he felt unwell, weak, coughing, and of course, with covid on our minds with the loss of dear friends and our retired pastor in Manitoba, he thought it could be the virus and pretty much stayed in the house until he was feeling better Friday. Garry would go over to the barn in the mornings and check if there were any cows to breed, he'd breed them and then watch movies the rest of the day in his chair. 

He cancelled English classes, we cancelled American Thanksgiving plans with our American friend Jessica (luckily, it's not until this week so we will try again before we leave for Manitoba.) I made him special meals and even made bagels and baked cookies on Thursday. Chocolate chip, he's still snacking on them for breakfast, even.


Friday he was feeling better and got the guys started on the window covering project (good thing because it snowed tonight- the ground has a white blanket as I type at two am  !) I had students show up for cooking class at nine, just as I was making Garry an omelet. Since I hadn't thought about Friday being cooking class, we made omelets. Julia went home with the pan and proudly sent me a photo that evening of the omelets she made for supper. 



Saturday morning we dropped the new boys at the bus station in Dnepro (they were a pair, and while one would show up and work his shifts most of the time, the other did not and the students were all complaining about them) Garry taught English and I went shopping. 

He dropped me at Central market to look for something for the Christmas packages for student gifts, and I took the tram (now six grivna to ride) up the street to near where he's teaching to complete my shopping. It was a little crowded, they kept announcing that people needed to wear their masks and one woman near me coughed a lot. I used my hand sanitizer and wished I had brought extra masks. My spares had gone with the boys at the bus station. 

Saturday evening he took students for groceries in Zaporosia and I stayed home by myself. Angelina's daddy arrived in the village this week and watched her while mom went for groceries. I had her a couple afternoons, keeping her well away from the sick man. I discovered she can roll over now. 



And here is what the pretty green lawn looks like covered in pretty white snow Sunday morning.



No comments:

Post a Comment