As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Friday, June 4, 2021

Rain

 Garry has always said that you can't get too much rain in Ukraine, especially in the summer. However, he is definitely getting a lot of rain this week. He woke up Tuesday morning to the sound of rain on the roof. The rain started overnight. The rain gauge read four and half inches  by Wednesday morning. Eight inches fell over about sixty hours.

Thursday it was lighter (mostly drizzle, he said)  but still raining. He said they built some walls for the heifer barn inside of the Quonset  barn. Monday they got the forms set up for the next cement pour, but it will be a while before it's dry enough. One forecast has rain every day for the next week, the other one is only calling for rain for three or four days. Garry always checks both Dnepro and Zaporosia because we are between the two cities.

Unfortunately a lot of wheat fields have gone down- lying down from the combination of water making the heads heavy and wind. Garry said their fields didn't have much down Wednesday but who knows what will happen if it rains for a week. The wheat was up to Garry's waist last weekend, so he was looking forward to a good hsrvest and lots of straw to bale.

Of course all this rain is saving on buying irrigation water for the corn and hay fields. However, it's been cool, only 10, 11, 12 degrees Celsius there while Manitoba has been around and over thirty degrees.

I drove to Morden Wednesday and got my first covid shot. First twenty hours, just a sore arm,but this evening I have the chills and my legs and both arms ache. Maybe it's true that  people who have had covid react more, because our daughter-in-law and two sons who also got their needles yesterday just have slightly sore arms. I did spend a lot of today on my feet, as I have been weeding my flower beds. However I am looking forward to immunity when I return to Ukraine from Canada, and this is nothing like having covid.



No comments:

Post a Comment