As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Monday, December 27, 2021

Christmas and birthday time

 


Garry and I celebrate our birthdays very close to Christmas. I was planning a bigger party for his 65th on the 22nd at the farm gym, but my plans took a turn during the day when more family members had positive covid test results. The grandkids were positive but were never really sick. Two daughter in law's were also positive with more symptoms. So it became a small group at home, with a lot of leftover Napoleon cake. It took me hours to make that cake! 



We went back and forth on Christmas Day plans and finally celebrated with video in three houses, with the last presents exchanged the next day on my birthday, when the final covid free family arrived to celebrate. There were two identical birthday cakes- one for the covid families and one here that I blew out candles on.

Back in Ukraine, the students got the warm sock presents (and board books for the babies)  I left for them, I got some photo thank yous on Facebook. They also got the first snows of the winter this week. 



We're here in Canada for about five weeks yet before our flight back is scheduled. 

No comments:

Post a Comment