As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Saturday, January 8, 2022

New year

 


While we celebrated with family here in Canada, the students and staff celebrated in Ukraine. Looks like it was quite a big meal at the new house where they eat lunch. Here are a few photos. They also went on a skating and sledding outing with Oleg and family last week.




Here in St Labre, we had a pizza party, to commemorate the great pizza making contest from eleven years ago, almost every family made a special pizza to share. Max even dropped in to eat pizza with the family. Of course with so many little kids to put to bed,  everyone went home by nine. Garry actually made it to midnight this year, working on his thousand piece puzzle he started. 


When they finished it the next day, there was a missing piece, that finally turned up in the fruit bowl days later. I had to make ollebollen (dutch new year donuts?) as always for lunch new year's day. I also made seafood soup that Max ate the leftovers for several days!

Garry and I had annual check-up appointments on January 5th, but I ended up at the emergency room the day before. Monday afternoon I had booked my covid booster, I got moderna and while waiting in line decided to get the flu shot too. About six hours later I started to feel sick. I had a reaction after every shot, but felt a little heart flutter. When I woke up, I felt bad, and my Fitbit had recorded 80 active minutes while I was sleeping. It takes walking at least three miles an hour on the treadmill to get those. By ten am I got Garry to drive me in because my heart was racing. I spent four hours on a monitor where my heart was not as fast, but irregular. Eventually, with some nitro it settled down. 

So I took it easy for a few days, but am feeling good today, I even did a mile on the treadmill. Garry is planning on taking me on a drive west, leaving on Monday. We had to change our tickets as Austrian airlines has cancelled our Zaporozhye flight home. After an hour on hold, we talked to an agent, and we'll fly into Kyiv instead. We leave on February third. 


No comments:

Post a Comment