As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Monday, February 7, 2022

Keeping busy

 


Although I think Garry is regretting not flying back on Thursday, he's been finding things to do. On Friday he decided to make butter. Josh found the cream separator they bought on the internet last year- it actually came from Ukraine- and Garry spent two days making butter in my kitchen. 

I've been trying out recipes using butter and buttermilk, so far we've had pancakes, buterkoek (Dutch butter cake) yeast buttermilk biscuits (which were very like ones from a can) and today I'm looking at doughnuts, cookies and coffeecake recipes.



Since we're still here I cooked Sunday night dinner for the nearby kids. Lasagna, biscuits, salad and buterkoek. You see those big meals for the students in Ukraine are just like at home. We also went to church Sunday morning, even though we got another several inches of snow Saturday. There's bigger piles outside than we've seen in years.



I made a couple hats for grandkids this week, tonight we're sharing with a life group at church, and I really need to unpack part of the suitcases I was stuffing last week to find some of my new clothes, Garry's other pair of work pants and the yarn I was going to take, but now can use before we go...

Garry has the rest of week booked to referee or play basketball with the boys every evening, and we will have lots more grandkid time. Garry is excited that one of our two year old granddaughters has finally warmed up to him and runs over to hug him and play when they visit. 

Meanwhile, things in Ukraine are quiet. This is a drone photo of the barns in Ukraine.



No comments:

Post a Comment