As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Delay


 Today, we were supposed to be putting the last things in our suitcases and saying goodbye for our flight Thursday morning. However, yesterday Canada changed it's Ukraine alert to do not travel to Ukraine. The day before we were discussing with others how'd we were going because it was only for non-essential people and Garry feels pretty essential, me a little less so.

However, with others worrying about our safety and the new higher alert, Garry decided that we could rebook for two weeks later. The first flight Austrian offered after that for no charge was actually a month away when I phoned, so we'll be arriving March first, which gives the situation time to resolve for everyone's peace of mind. Of course, Garry was influenced by how well everything has been going while we have been gone for three months. So maybe we are less essential, which is a good thing as we are getting older.

So this morning I was pulling things out of my bags, hunting for the Fitbit charger I packed yesterday morning. Garry is off to the barn checking on heifers to breed, and he can do more referee jobs with Josh, and maybe I'll go ice fishing too. Of course more time with the kids and grandkids.

If we were already in Ukraine, I don't think we would be leaving, just have a plan in place in case we had to, like in 2014. Keep the car full of fuel, maybe pack a go bag. 

I wonder how much I need to unpack, and how much can stay in the suitcases for a couple weeks. 



No comments:

Post a Comment