As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Saturday, November 19, 2022

At the farm in Ukraine

 Garry called me around 4:30 Manitoba time this morning, as the train was getting close to Dnepro, I was awake because I have caught a cold (Garry tells me he has no symptoms though). Anyway, I talked to him around 11 am here (he was cooking supper there) and he is pretty pleased with everything at the farm. His only thing he wanted to change was the bred heifer group's ration, as they looked a little thin, he's going to get the guys to feed them some corn silage. 




Oleg posted some photos to facebook so I'll share some here. Garry was pretty impressed with the new chicken venture in the old tent barn, they are selling eggs and meat chickens. 

He said Ukraine looked pretty normal from the train, although the electricity was off for a couple hours after he arrived in the village. There's a schedule and it mostly follows the schedule, although some days instead of one three-hour outage, there's three of them he was told. 



Everyone was excited to see him, and he handed out the presents I sent with him, and the parts for Max to fix things. He got to hold baby Sofia, who was born July first. I sent some sleepers and a dress for her. I didn't ask if Angelina (above photo) remembers him. He did say it looked like there were many jars of jam and pickles that I made in the cupboard. 



Looks pretty wet and muddy in the photos at the farm.





 I'm sure you were wondering if he'd arrived safely, so I'll go back to crocheting and blowing my nose. He'll be busy preg checking cows for week or two and hanging out with the students and staff. He'll be going to the village church tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment