As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Busy


Garry, when I last talked to him on the phone before going to my grandfather's funeral yesterday, was very busy. Monday he had company- people dropped in from Manitoba I believe he said from 2 hours away. We get some visitors who have heard about our project and come to see. You are always welcome to drop in- Garry loves to show and explain what he's doing in Ukraine.
They finished the hay chopping on Monday and on Tuesday they were chopping soybean straw (what remains of the plant after combining) Garry said the wind was blowing hard and only some of it was staying in the wagons- there was a lot blowing away across the field. He had decided that it was too hard to bale it as he had originally planned.
It sounds like the boys are getting their schoolwork done- they have found the missing biology sheet, and I assume that they are eating so someone must be cooking.
Meanwhile I had a long day in New Jersey honoring the life and memory of my grandfather. I spoke about some of my memories of him during the service, and was relieved to make it to the end without crying. It seemed very strange that he was not with us as we were sitting around talking at his house later in the day. Pop was always there my whole life, and part of the conversation, when he wasn't working hard. This is a photo of our son Matthew with his family when they visited with Pop in the summer of 2009. It seemed he should be there in that empty chair where he passed away.

No comments:

Post a Comment