As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Saturday, November 6, 2010

A quick note

Having problems typing tonight- Garry got 6 more loads of hay chopped, a few to do on Monday yet. He got more steel on the shed, had a lot of visitors this afternoon from the Canadain -Ukrainian Dairy commission- including some guys from Quebec.
I will not be posting this week as I am flying to NJ for my Grandfather's funeral. George Ivins Emley (we called him Pop) was a retired dairy farmer, like his father, his son, grandchildren and great-grandsons. He was 99 years old on his last birthday in April. He is survived by his son (my father) my Aunt Nancy and 16 great-grandchildren and 3 great-great granddaughters. Pop drove tractor well into his 80's. He had lived on his own for the last eleven years, since my grandmother died. He was known to mow his lawn, climb on the roof to clean his gutters, root for the Phillies and did his own cooking, and housework until a few weeks ago.
Think of Garry and the boys doing the cooking and cleaning this week while they are busy with the hay, bringing home some straw bales, installing water bowls and whatever else they get to doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment