As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Monday, December 6, 2010

Sunday tour





























Last Sunday Garry invited the whole church out to see the barn and lunch. Twenty people signed up right away, but by Thursday 42 were coming. We ended up with Victor's van, a marschuka (hired van) and a couple of cars driving out after the service (and communion- it was the first Sunday of the month.) We left ahead of them so I could set out all the salads and sandwiches and squares I've been making since Thursday evening. Yes -that's why I haven't posted in a couple days- been cooking like crazy.







Anyway- they arrived (I'm not really sure how many came but there must have been at least 10 kids), checked out the barn, the house, had lunch (around 2 pm) - there was some food left- so I made enough, I gave out recipes for brownies and pickled carrots. I got many thank yous and ochin koosnees ( very tasty- I learned it from Maxim) Garry says that he was told he was a lucky man with a wife who can cook like this.
Unfortunately it was muddy outside- It was 10 above (like 50ish F for Americans) on Saturday, the snow melted and even though the forecast had called for around freezing for Sunday it was foggy and warm- so mud, instead of the frozen ground Garry had hoped for! The milker ladies did extra cleanup in the barn for the visitors.




Seth was my photographer and got some of the children playing hide and seek in the haymow, and all these other pictures you can see. Moosha's former owners- Tanya and Olya came and enjoyed seeing their cat in her new home and her kitten. The kids really enjoyed playing with the kittens, and even tried playing hide and seek in the house!







The vans left around 4:30 and every empty pop bottle in the house left full of milk Garry sold to our visitors- I even put some of the ice tea I had made for drinking into other containers! The milker ladies even found some at their house. Most of the cleanup was throw away paper plates and cups with a few bowls to wash- the puppy got a big plate of stuff, and put the leftovers in the fridge- after Maxim finally got got to eat- he was so busy talking to people in the barn he never got in until they left.

No comments:

Post a Comment