As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Sunday, July 15, 2012

Another sleepless night

I thought I was over the sleeplessness of jet lag after last weekend's two and a half or four hours of sleep, but it's 1:30 in the morning in Ukraine and I have not really been able to sleep yet tonight. While I was staying the the city I got good nights of sleep on an inflatable air bed, and last night I slept fine (Thursday night I was so happy to be in my own bed with air conditioning, but was up for hours with tummy troubles- must have been something I ate- we eat a big meal at 2  every afternoon in the school cafeteria after teaching, and sometimes here food is not kept either cold or hot enough for North American tummies not used to fighting with bacteria.) It could just be the nap I took this afternoon, as I was feeling really wiped out after teaching yesterday and still having my tummy thinking everything I put in it is not settling well, even fresh from the garden corn on the cob...

It may just be that my heart is back in Canada today, as Garry's niece Kristen was married today, and I wish I was dancing at her wedding this evening, Our daughter is Ontario for the wedding, and from the year Kristen was one year old and we moved there until we moved to Manitoba when Kristen was in seventh grade we saw her grow up, in fact the cousins spent many happy times playing together. She is two weeks younger than Micah and they were the best of buddies back then.

The boys are busy with the St Labre 200 go kart race today, and as much as I wish for details ___facebook has already provided me with some wedding photos of the lovely bride__ nothing from my sons, maybe on Sunday when Maxim tells me - fingers crossed (apparently that works for Ukrainians too) the Lada may be ready (he was helping the guy fixing it this afternoon/evening) The only news they found worth writing about this weekend from the boys was that it rained on their cornfields on Thursday....really good news, at least it is raining somewhere. Here is the village the weeds are drying up and dying even. Really glad we got so many people to join the garden irrgation project this spring, as thier gardens, like ours are alive and well. I made some pickles today and need to pick a pile of tomatoes yet.

Maybe at 4 am ...Sunday night was one of my two and half hours of sleep nights, on Monday morning (we got back Saturday morning from our trip back form Canada last week, remember?) I woke up around 4 (it's light out then) and was outside before 5 am and picked cucumbers, tomatoes one zuchinni ( four large plants and only one small zuchinni, weird, hu?) and a pile of peas that were still hanging on to the dried out plants. I then planted more beets since the beets seemed to disappear while we were gone, checked out my string beans I planted before we left- a good number of healthy plants are about 6 inches high already. Then I came inside and made a nice stir fry with some chicken and the peas and zuchinni for the guys to have for lunchtime. Since Garry rejected it as breakfast food, I cooked some eggs before showering and changing for the drive in for my first day of teaching English class...

Oh well, it's after 2 am maybe I should get some sleep or I'll never stay awake during church in the morning, hopefully we will have our own car to drive...  we will get to Dnepro somehow...

No comments:

Post a Comment