As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Saturday, August 11, 2012

Friday night again

Sorry about the lack of posts, it's not just because I am being lazy during my first week off from having stuff to do----not that I have not been doing anything this week....canning, crocheting, watching the Olympics, more canning. I have improvised a North Amrican water bath canner...with my new pot an old grinding disc and a metal band to lift it up to make a rack in the bottom, and putting up salsa and pickles in the "new" jars I found at the store- they have lids like you would get on jars of pickles from the store and I am water bath canning them after screwing the lids on. Six more jars of taco sauce and two more of bread and butter pickles tonight. If you are wondering before this summer the only jars and lids I saw at the stores here to can food in were ones you crimp the lids on....yeah, I was not trying that, which is why our freezer has a drawer full of frozen jam...next year it is going in jars...as long as I can find this kind!

Mostly it is the extremely slow internet this week that has been my excuse...we'll see how this goes. Tonight I only made two pizzas for Friday night pizza night--with some very spicy sauce---I cut up a jalepeno in the two cups of sauce I made for it! Garry and Maxim enjoyed the "hot" pizza. Andre missed out on his favorite food of the week--- he left after lunch the catch a bus to visit his parents and little brother. Garry wanted to leave at 4 am for a camping trip to Crimea but I convinced him to stick with the original departure Sunday morning so I can tie up a few more loose ends--I was still peeling tomatoes for salsa while making pizza at 7 pm, when I decided that!


Some of the kids and a few of the team leading some songs for the parents

Last Friday night I made six not-as-spicy pizzas for the Canadian/American team that helped with the village Bible camp (VBS)  before we went to the closing program ---it was really hot inside the church, it is the same room that was unfinished in last year's VBS photos, if you are wondering it is the room that has been finished for a temporary classroom for the trade school.

It has been a little cooler more in the 30's than 40 C since Wednesday afternoon when there were some thunderstorms around. Not here--- however we did get a couple drops of rain, and I mean you could see where each one hit the dust on Thursday morning! The irrigation water has not been available since the weekend, so we can't water the garden, they had a pipe blow out and it is not fixed yet ---where it goes under the road to fill the big "basin" holding tank closer to us---which is our source of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment