As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Leftover milk

Garry bought a cream separator just a few days after getting back to Ukraine. On Monday he had 300 liters of unsold milk and decided to make cream (the very heavy stuff made here- you can stand a spoon up in it) and skim cottage cheese, like the lady Luda, across the street does.He figures not being able to sell all the milk will not be a one time thing, with spring coming, and selling products will be more profitable than selling to the village milk truck (the cheapest price paid.)

 He was up late that night warming up milk on the stove to put it through the separator. When they started they churned a little butter so Luda came over to show them the best way to operate the new equipment. He was going to make cheese when I talked to him last night, (I am sitting at the Winnipeg airport, waiting to start my journey back) he got 14 liters of cream and scrambling to find glass jars to put it in...

He hopes to be planting corn in a few days, seems strange as I am looking at snow on the fields here in Manitoba.

No comments:

Post a Comment