As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Friday, April 12, 2013

Trip to Ontario and beyond

I am writing this from Manitoba, Garry just arrived back in Ukraine yesterday after our trip to Ontario to celebrate his parents' 60th wedding anniversary with almost all of the family (almost 60 people) last weekend. It was a exciting fun-filled weekend, and I caught a ride back with Matt, Kari and the girls and Seth in their minivan - 18 hours of driving time, and the roads through northern (Upper Peninsula)  Michigan  are much smoother than the ones between Dnepropetroesk and Kiev!

The anniversary 

Garry helping Keziah with her shoes

Teresa with five of the boys 

Our son Matthew did the affirmation ceremony

I talked to Garry yesterday on the phone before driving out to Morden to visit with our daughter Jessica and Jonah- last night we went to Jonah's last parent-teacher conference for high school, and all his teachers had good things to say about him, and his report card was excellent as usual. I know it was the right move for Jonah, going back to Canada to school, even if I miss having him around all the time.

Anyway, when I talked to Garry he was about halfway between Kiev and Dnepro (just past the city with Mc Donalds where we normally stop) and said he should be in Dnepro around 8 pm. He said that there seemed to be as many holes in the road as when we left last week, so the patching crews must have run out of materials. He was happy that he had gotten all the stuff into his suitcase he bought, although he had to move some to his carry-on as his suitcase was overweight; and he had got it all through customs in Kiev, too. He said he had talked to Victor and Maxim had planted barley and alfalfa while we were gone, and hoped to finish it yesterday before Garry got home.

So I will be enjoyed the family in Manitoba, babysitting and exciting stuff like that- including snow- until next Wednesday when I fly back just in time for a Ukraine Missionary Conference.

I watched the boys play basketball Wednesday night 

Jonah's new hobby is origami - here are 1000 tiny paper cranes in a cake dish

No comments:

Post a Comment