As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Sunday, July 21, 2013

Back online...if I had the time!

Here we are back online Sunday afternoon, internet at the house has not been working most of the week, it's a problem with the antennae or the cable to it on top of the house, so I'll quick update you on our week.

Garry talking with students before the boat cruise Wed evening
 Garry and I have finished another week of teaching at the Summer Institute, he is a very popular teacher, with his class about techniques for avoiding failure (in life or business)


 I am teaching a much more boring standard American pronunciation class, most students here learn British English and we have a few differences in grammar, spelling and pronunciation.

Many students went on a boat tour on the Dniper River with us on Wednesday.
Here it comes!

the sun was setting as we arrived back at the dock

me with my hot chocolate not like Tim Hortons!
It was like thick, somewhat bitter dark melted chocolate

Garry organized a basketball game on Thursday evening, and has another planned for Tuesday.

 We had the popular Canada Day on Friday, when everyone, students and teachers wear red and white.
Garry and I dressed in our Canadian best (as an American, I try harder)
Just one more week to go, and things will be back to almost normal. We are getting a little tired at times, we leave home at 6:30 am and return home between 2:30 and 4 pm, depending on whether we have lunch at 2 pm with the other teachers-



sometimes we go home early so Garry can start the second part of his day- when he catches up with what's happening on the farm, helps unload straw bales and stack them in the mow, which is getting really full now!

I drove the new car for the first time on Saturday, while Garry was helping with the straw, I went into the city to stock up on groceries.




Only had one crazy SUV driver on the highway zoom between me and a semi truck in the right hand lane as the truck was merging from the other highway, just normal! There was a thunder storm while I was in the city, unfortunately, no rain here in the village (well, a couple drops which convinced the boys to stop baling, much to Garry's chagrin, as they only got five loads done). We really could use a good soaking rain right about now to get the best corn crop.

No comments:

Post a Comment