As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Saturday, July 8, 2017

7/7/17- a big day

Image may contain: 1 person, sleeping, baby and closeupYesterday was a very eventful day. While we were busy in Ukraine with registration day for Summer English Institute, our newest grandson  was arriving in Winnipeg. Meet Eli Gerrit Verhoog, who was born a short time after they arrived at the hospital, a little earlier than expected, but weighing seven pounds three ounces.
















I will be busy driving into Dnepro every weekday for the next three weeks in the new very long van.
Garry came in with me on Friday for team meeting and to help move stuff from storage to the radio college building where it has been held since I started teaching in 2008. I just hope to find a great parking place everyday I drive so I don't have to back that van up!

Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, people sitting and indoor
Our two new teachers from SK with Lena, who is the office assistant this year
Here's some photos from registration night...Image may contain: one or more people and indoor


 Garry will mostly be in the village this year instead of teaching English. However, he may be called on to substitute if any of the teachers are sick. He is hoping that he will be able to keep everything going here in the village with the farm and students and staff, it is very busy. They are still sorting out the new students. It looks like one of the new girls will go back, she is quite the handful for Nellya, the other two are quieter.

Just got back to writing this, (it's now Saturday night) Garry is staying at the girls house tonight to give Nellya a break, she has not slept in two nights, so she is sleeping here now. She arrived here at the house at the same time as the four guys who were on the baler (just before 10 pm), Garry had told them there would be pizza when they were done (since I was making it at 6:30 when he saw them last). They told me there was less than a wagon left to do, they had problems with the tire going flat on the baler today- they had to fix it more than once. Garry is going to be looking for a new tire I think.

 Rain in the forecast for Sunday, we'll see. the corn is tasseling now, so its a good time to get some rain, it may amount to something yet. At least some silage, maybe next this? month if its dry again.
Image may contain: food and indoor
I am going to wash the kitchen floor before I go to bed, it got dirty and maybe sticky after I picked cucumbers this morning in the garden and made 10 jars of pickles.

No comments:

Post a Comment