As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Sunday, October 15, 2017

back in the village

Never fear, I returned as scheduled. Garry picked me up at the train station in Dnepro at 11:10 pm Wednesday night. He thought he'd stay awake by going to a movie... in Ukrainian. He said he fell asleep, but woke up when it was over and hurried to meet me. He thinks he saw the new Blade Rrunner.

The next evening we enjoyed celebrating Canadian Thanksgiving with our Canadian and American friends in Zaporozhe. I brought the canned cranberry sauce in my suitcase. Friday evening we were in Dnepro for our SEI follow up Bible study, and Saturday night Garry had his student church meeting. I went to bed early however, jet lag exhaustion had caught up with me.

Friday night we brought two of our former students out for a holiday weekend visit, and returned them to the city on Sunday morning when we made our monthly visit to Morningstar church. Karina and Andrey have jobs in the city and an apartment. They stayed at our house and enjoyed hot showers Friday night, they only have cold water in the apartment. He is working in a machine shop as a helper and she is on her second job since August, it sounds like sewing piecework. They have been helped by an organization and visited a handicapped orphanage with them, Karina had photos.


They have to move to a different apartment soon. We sent them off with jars of jam and honey, Andrey was always hungry here and he looks thinner.



 Garry was busy Friday and Saturday building heifer pens. The corn was combined on Wednesday, before the rain came on Thursday, now they just have plowing to finish.



Nelly and three students came with us today and they spent two hours window shopping while we visited Lena's English school.


The new Sasha who came to the village while I was gone really likes singing praise songs.




No comments:

Post a Comment