As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Saturday, January 13, 2018

One more day...blogpost?

Well it is my last day in Manitoba. Sunday morning I get a ride to the airport to start my trip back, which, if all goes as planned; puts me on the Intercity (fast train) from Kiev to Dnepro Monday evening.

Image may contain: sky, nature and outdoorI have had an interesting week here, a little babysitting, a little lot of house cleaning, and I went to the Piney Ladies monthly Bible study with our daughter-in-law on the spur of the moment Wednesday evening. Literally, she stopped on her way there there and asked. The ladies there kindly send me care packages every spring and it was nice to join them for a meal and discussion about some passages in First John. She drove home to St Labre in a snowstorm, which caused me some problems the next day, as we got a good amount of snow.

Thursday evening I planned to join the Steinbach building team for their meeting. They will be coming to Ukraine near the end of March and we are planning a house renovation next door in the village for a group home and home for our possible new team members from Canada (more on that to come) and a VBS for the village kids during spring break.

I had been torn between going to the meeting and going to Winnipeg with the boys to watch them play basketball, and fate intervened when I slid the car into the snow on the side of the road- only one side of the gravel road had been plowed at 5 pm and it was more ditch on an angle than the car liked. I will not miss driving the road when I leave, it's rough, bumpy and icy this winter. The boys came by a few minutes later and I went to the game instead of the meeting. They even won the game.

Image may contain: one or more people, people playing sports and basketball court

Today I am going to our granddaughter's first birthday party (five days early for me since I'm leaving). My bags are packed and I'm almost ready to go. The weather will be like spring when I get there, Garry says it just gets to freezing overnight and he is wearing a sweatshirt most of the day instead of a coat. Here its been -30 C (-22 F) or colder  most of the days since he left.

Garry was in the car when I last talked to him, last evening he had a phone call that there was the possibility that Nikolai could leave the hospital today and continue recovering at home in the village; so maybe that's where he was going. No work for Nikolai for a while though.

No comments:

Post a Comment