As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Saturday, April 28, 2018

Weekend update- here and there

That's right I (Teresa in case you don't know who writes this) am back in Manitoba, playing with the grandkids and getting ready for our son Luke's wedding in two weeks. Garry, as I am writing this, is in Dnepro teaching one of those English conversation classes he enjoys so much.
Took this photo Thursday afternoon 
Image may contain: sky, road, outdoor and nature
It's definitely browner and a little colder (although the sandhill cranes are back) here than in Ukraine, where the apple trees are in full bloom and the crops are all planted.

Image may contain: tree, plant, sky, flower, outdoor and natureOn Tuesday Garry told me all the sunflower seed was in the planter, but later he told me Max had to go buy four more bags to finish planting, and then a final two more bags to finish. Everything went very smoothly with more tractors, Garry did a lot of cultivating, Anton spread fertilizer ahead of Garry and Max sprayed for weeds, while Artom ran the corn/sunflower seed planter.

It's four am here in Manitoba, which is noon in Ukraine, and since it takes me about a week to not wake up at 3:30 am, I decided to borrow a computer. I left mine behind this trip, mostly because the security guys at at least one airport on the trip will frown and look it over and complain about the bolts Noah fixed the broken hinge with. I had a decent trip here, in spite of my changed flights from my original booking, I had to fly to Edmonton from Amsterdam and then wait three hours to arrive in Winnipeg at 11 pm. I think I was awake for all but three or four hours of the 36 from the time Garry dropped me at the train station for my midnight train (about three hours were in 45 minutes pieces on that train).after a busy day finishing things- I grouted tile in the new house. Wednesday morning I got up at six am after going to bed after one am, when Seth and I got home from the airport.

Garry had to get our translator Nellie on a bus Thursday afternoon to Odessa, her mother had a stroke. I have not heard any further news.


Garry will take the train Monday morning, visit the Canadian embassy, where he has an appointment with a ag liaison, I think, and will stay in a hotel and get a 6 am flight out of Kiev that gets him to Winnipeg much earlier. The boys might have a tractor for him to drive when he gets here, as they are just getting started with pre-planting things. We are hoping to see some of you while we are here in Canada, Garry will go back to Ukraine after two weeks here.



No comments:

Post a Comment