As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Sunday, October 27, 2019

Busy week


We did visit three English groups last Saturday,  two schools,  with two different schools at one school.  Both schools are owned by lovely Christian  ladies we met at our very first SEI back in 2008.

Salo is like ...
uncooked bacon
Sunday we took a group of students to village day in Petropol, a nearby village,  where the highlights included lots of free food. There were sandwiches with salo, and hot tea, for breakfast and by 11:30 am, roasted potatoes plus Garry bought some shaslik (bbqed meat) to share.

That's one guy pulling a jeep


We watched a strongman competition between three villages,  and cheered for the Nikoliapolia team. They finished second to the home team. As you can see in the photos,  we've been having very foggy mornings.
 Sometimes it doesn't burn off until afternoon.
There was popcorn and cotton candy for kids, and Sasha Borchuk was sharing the popcorn he managed to get when he stood in line.







In the afternoon we had an adventure getting to the Zaporosia professional basketball team game, because parts of the city roads had been closed for a half marathon.


We did get there before it started and sat with our friends the Harders. Garry even bought a team jersey at the shop. He wore it when he took me out to dinner afterwards.



Monday morning the vacation was over, as I was supposedly teaching English at eight am.  Garry told the students but not me!
 I was a little late and unprepared.  However,  Tuesday's class went better. Shannon came along, and while I checked if they remembered the colors in English,  they tested Shannon on the words for Russian.  Garry had the new boys after on both days for dairy cow conformation classes. Three out of four guys, with Victor translating. Arthur returned by lunchtime Tuesday.

I did my first cooking class on Wednesday morning,  it was beets. We made beet oven chips, beet and cabbage soup, and beet brownies.  Of course, eating is the best part of cooking classes.  That evening we drove to Kamskoaya for our first SEI follow class of the year. Both of us had students who'd been in our classes attend.

Well its three am, not sure if that's old or new time, since time changed tonight,  so I guess I'll finish telling you about our week sometime later today. As you can guess, I am not sleeping well yet. I may be over jetlag by the time I fly back in two and a half weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment