As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Sunday, April 18, 2021

Home in the village

 Well, I left you on a bit of a cliffhanger! Some of you know that I went to hospital on that Wednesday morning when I felt dizzy and although I was not as sick as Garry at first, I ended up being pretty sick by that weekend.  When I was admitted to the hospital Garry had just been moved to the same floor I would be on. We started out in five person rooms but by evening Olga (who had visited with us with her kids last month) had helped us make a donation so we had a two bed room with our own fridge. 

day one

The toilet was down the hall for the whole floor, but it was good to have our own space. It was little scary when he was gasping for air in the middle of the night, Garry was on supplemental oxygen when I arrived, more on than off but he made great progress. By Tuesday this week they would have let him out but he was now the one taking care of me! 

packed up and hoping to go



The church ladies from Morningstar took good care of us, dropping off dinners and water for us. and on Wednesday Max snuck us some KFC sandwiches. I couldn't belive I ate a whole spicy sandwich, I think it was the beginning of my recovery. 

Friday morning the doctor really wanted me to stay the weekend but we came home with lots of drugs including antibiotics for me and I've been taking easy in a much softer bed and a toilet I can use whenever I want... and a shower, so I think it will fine. Some tasty McDonalds on the way home, Max drove us. Garry had lost almost thirty pounds before going into hospital.

with our doctor


Yesterday we even got our chicks back home, the plants are mostly good and Box is okay but really wishing we'd bought catfood on the way home. She's not a fan of dog food, which was all that was left.

Our covid tests are negative now, its just a matter of recovering from the effects of the virus. We have blood thinner pills and other preventatives to take, more for me than Garry,  it will be a couple weeks before we are getting back to normal. Garry drives the car around to check stuff out, and everyone stays far away from him (now that he's not sick). He's picked up groceries in the village and made me slopppy joes for dinner Saturday night. (No, they don't have dry cat food although he sent Sasha to buy chick food.) Apparently many people in the village were sick but not as much as us.

Going home!


No comments:

Post a Comment