As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Spring has sprung


 The little chicks are outside in one of the little houses the students were building before Garry got sick. He had to wait until Monday to get them a real heat lamp bulb and a waterer, the hardware store in the village was closed Sunday. They just had the lamp from the house and it wasn't freezing, but it wasn't that warm overnight (8C). It's on Nikolai's yard, hopefully little Danil doesn't open it by himself someday. 


 He drove to Salone Monday morning and bought some seeds that Nikolai helped him with raking and planting in the garden. The onions and peas he planted around the time he got sick are up. He even took some of the tomato plants that had gotten frosted inside while we were gone and planted them yesterday. I pointed out four years ago we had eight inches of snow according to facebook memories, so it seems early.

Someone thought the litter box would smell less with the window open apparently. We have 18 sad looking plants. Luckily not every one was in that room. Box was excited when he brought back real catfood, and when I solved the litter box problem when I found a bag of kitty litter on the porch Monday afternoon. 

Up to yesterday, I was mostly lying down, taking my meds, drinking lots of water. Today is my last day of antibiotics. Then its just what the doctor considered preventative for a month. Monday I found my crocheting, although my hand is a little sore from the IV yet, I did some. 

Saturday night Garry cooked dinner, he made sloppy joes, although he  was kind of taking care of things betweeen drives to barn and shop to check out what was happening. He hung out laundry and washed dishes. Sunday I made lunch, boiling potatoes and turning his leftover meat into shepherd pie, but then I had to rest and he had to clean up! Monday morning I made omelettes and hashbrowns (which is why I cooked potatoes Sunday) before he woke up.  He mostly drives around supervising what is happening because we really do need to take it easy. 



The students are excited that the extra jobs are back. Saturday evening the bulldozer to clear the land for the new heifer barn arrived and started working, so before long the concrete work will start, and someone will be cutting up plywood pieces for the trusses they will be building soon. The boys were moving bales around yesterday as part of the site cleanup. Garry said he moved two bales to show them what to do and then he was wheezing for air, so his body is convincing him to not overdo it. He even took a nap in his chair after lunch. 

Garry was hoping for rain, but there wasn't any overnight, it's stilll pretty grey out this morning. Daffodils are blooming, the tulips are rushing along, the grass is looking like it could be cut (hopefully by a student as I don't think Garry's quite up to it this week.) I decided to walk outside and take a couple photos for this story and we now have some rain. Which is always a good thing, but maybe the cultivator will be heading back to the yard now. I can hear the rain on the roof now, so it's coming down a bit harder.


The famous upside down flowers are almost blooming too. In a couple days there will be bright orange flowers, you can just see the buds. They are one of the earliest spring flowers in the village every year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment