As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Saturday, September 4, 2021

Getting building done

For the last couple weeks, every morning Garry heads out to make feed for the cows; that way the guys can get started on fieldwork sooner. They've been so busy that somedays they use all the tractors, even the one that the mixer is usually attached to and Garry tends to get up early anyway. Often Bear and I see him when we go on our morning walk, Bear likes to go to the barn since Yana feeds him milk. 


Yesterday I actually had to put a sweatshirt on, it was only nine degrees (48 F). Quite a change in the weather, a few days before I was sweaty when I finished my two miles. Of course, it's officially fall in Ukraine with the first day of school also arriving September first. I saw families and kids dressed up and heading to school for the opening ceremony. One boy passed us on his bicycle in his black pants and Ukrainian shirt with a bunch of flowers in one hand.


I didn't have my phone this morning, so I didn't get a photo of the finished cementwork on the quonset as Bear and I passed by. They finished pouring the floor on Friday. Now to wait for the builders to come. No date as yet, and the first of the sunflower fields will be combined today. Luckily there is room for some in the old quonset, one side is empty.



 The hay was finished on Tuesday, and is neatly stacked under the hayshed. Thursday morning the skies were gray when Bear and I walked and later in the morning the rain arrived. Friday morning there were puddles on the road when I had to find my sweatshirt with the cold wind blowing.




Garry has been working on the heifer barn and hopes to finish it to get animals moved around soon. There are a lot of calves waiting to move to new pens as they grow. 


Bear's favorite part of our walks is stalking chickens on the loose. Don't worry he hasn't gotten close to any, but his ears are very alert as we appoach them. Ducks and geese aren't nearly as interesting to him.





No comments:

Post a Comment