As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....



Thursday, September 30, 2021

Big build day

 



Here's some photos from Wednesday when the crane was here to put up the pieces of the new quonset type shed. Garry has been telling everyone walking past who asks what it is going to be that its a sportshall, so we actually went and purchased a portable basketball hoop for it last night. 






It's main purpose will be grain storage, however, it's pretty big. It's not an optical illustion, it is wider than the other one is long. The guy seaming the sections together actually went over the barn with the machine, too. When the first one was built (maybe eight years ago) the machine went up and over on it's own. Garry took a video yesterday.

I had a busy morning, I walked down to get Bear, walked him to the barn, where he got his nose scratched by one of the cats while getting his morning milk snack, then home for his nap, while I cooked lunch for the crew.

Around ten Garry and Max came for something and said only five guys for lunch, so I planned on eight, plus some for the girls here. At that point, I had baked a chocolate cake and made a large coleslaw, a big pot of soup, and was peeling potatoes for scalloped potatoes. Good thing I made extra, as Garry came back at noon to pick it up and asked if I had ten. He wasn't joking, so I quick moved some more food into the to go containers, leaving only one culetta (really it's a hamburger) for the girls. 



Turned out Leila and one of the Sashas were the only ones on clean up over at the barn that morning, so Garry invited them for lunch. Oleg has been on a clean up around the buildings campaign. So one of the girls got everything to eat anyway. I got to set up on the table saw in the shop.



Now the building guys just have to finish the end walls. Andrey Rudei was welding the angle iron on the short sides for them yesterday. Soon we'll have the sportshall of Garry's dreams, or the grain storage of Max's.



No comments:

Post a Comment